Monday, April 1, 2013

REVIEW - True Heroes


Vidder Name: Nico-Angel
Video Name: True Heroes
Link to the page that contains the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQgAgybqOpg
Brief description: A tribute to Buffy, Angel and the tenth doctor.


Review: Okay. I'll be honest. I was skeptical because cross-fandom videos are really hard to pull off but how wrong was I to be a skeptic. You. Rocked. This. Rocked it in a way that makes me want to use words like "hizzouse," and that is serious. I can't get enough of the way you draw parallels between these characters by showing them in similar situations and in visually similar scenes. You chose scenes that were the most effective as opposed to those that were just the most obvious. I love the way you use effects without overusing effects and editing in a way that is so seamless and lovely you hardly notice it and are impressed by it all at the same time. This is just materful. I also love the split screens like the one with Angel and Buffy kissing on the beach split with the Doctor/Rose scene. The bridge of the song was so heartbreaking. Just beautiful. You even made voice overs work... also a hard thing to pull off. Rock on, friend. Rock. On.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, never got such an awesome review. Thank you ! I'm glad you liked it so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please include the following information when submitting a video:
Vidder Name:
Video Name:
Link to the page that contains the video:
Brief description: